My way of participating was to run internet TV Joost on two computers at the same time. And at night i looked at an old Kung-Fu movie (see the title of this post). After 20 minutes i realised that this was the same "first" Kung Fu movie i saw in my life more than 30 years ago. Great!
Result of my download contribution: 4 Gigabyte in 24 hours!
My evaluation of this daylong Joost experience, beginning with 5 good “fingers”:
- It is free!
- Diversity of channels (news, movies, documentaries, …)
- Acceptable quality
- Advertisements are short and not too frequent
- Easy to pause – easy to start again
- On one of my computers, frequent program crashes, on the other sometimes (but not too often) temporary frozen images and sounds.
- The visual interface is a mess, difficult to make a fast choice
- The sounds of the adds were often quite much louder than the sound of the movie or channel watched
- High downloaded volume (a real obstacle if you have a limit!)
- No remote control function!
Anyway, a happy New Year to all of you, Skype believers and unbelievers, Joost believers and unbelievers, and anybody else!