Jonathan Christensen, Skype's general manager for audio and video, said a quarter of all Skype calls have at least one talker on video. The service claims 246 million users
Let me correct this somewhat:
- If it is true, at least one out of 8 callers uses video!
- 246 million “registered user accounts” … NOT users, probably only 50 million users!
- lost password, and therefore inaccessible user name, therefore the need to create a new user name
- testing Skype, and abandoned use of the user name
- spare user names, registered for alternative or future use (i have several!)
- the owner of the user name died (yes, this also happens!)
- the person switched to another VoIP tool
- the person registered a temporary name for a temporary past situation
- spammers also register multiple usernames to "attack" their victims