Luis is still very angry and raised a VERY INTERESTING issue, click on the next phrase to go to his blog: Skype IS breaking the user agreement! I didn’t think about it, but he is 100% right! They should refund everybody!
Some reasons why you shouldn’t use SkypeOut:
- Connection fee of 0.037 € per call
- Local connection fees are often cheaper with your PSTN* phone company
- Other VoIP solutions are cheaper: VoIPStunt for instance
- With SkypeOut you have to pre-pay your calls (buying credit before consuming, therefore sponsoring Skype), with your local PSTN company you pay after consumption!
- With SkypeOut you can loose your credit and become a Skype Benefactor
- People can’t call you back (from PSTN to Skype!)
- There is no caller identification: people can’t know who is calling, and sometimes refuse to take the call – i experienced this with my own Parents (grin)!
- Call quality is usually not as good as a PSTN to PSTN call
- Calls to mobile phones are often of a quite bad quality
- And most of all: I think Skype betrayed us!
* “Public switched telephone network” or your ordinary old telephone line!